The Hoppers kick off the 2021/22 championship next Sunday. In the overview, GC provides a squad, numbers and injury update on Giorgio Contini's side.
- André Santos suffered late effects of a Covid illness at the start of training. The midfielder has been back in team training for a week and is now working on his match fitness.
- Eliseu Nadjack is still in rehabilitation training after tearing his patella tendon nine months ago. At the moment, it is still unclear when the full-back could make his first appearance.
- Giotto Morandi is still in rehab after tearing his cruciate ligament in February. The 22-year-old midfielder will be back at the end of October at the earliest.
- Léo Bonatini underwent meniscus surgery at the end of June. It is still unclear when exactly the striker will return.
The following players have changed their jersey numbers:
- Eliseu Nadjack: From 22 to 25
- Giotto Morandi: From 33 to 22
- Fabio Fehr: From 47 to 14
- Robin Kalem: From 48 to 21
- Ermir Lenjani: From 89 to 3
- Léo Bonatini: From 3 to 11
- Nuno Da Silva: From 19 to 7
- André Ribeiro: From 90 to 17
The new players have picked the following numbers:
- André Moreira: 1
- Christian Herc: 28
- Amir Abrashi: 6
- Hayao Kawabe: 40
- Georg Margreitter: 33
- Leonardo Campana: 19
- Bendegúz Bolla: 77
ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY
With the exception of Hayao Kawabe, all new signings have received their playing permits. The club is still waiting for a confirmation of the Japanese player's work permit. It is uncertain whether Kawabe will be eligible to play on Sunday.
The following players are no longer part of the first team and will train with the GC Under-21s from now on:
- Baba Souare
- Elias Mesonero
- Vasco Paciência
The complete squad overview is available <link https: www.gcz.ch en season squad external-link-new-window auf eine externe seite grasshopper club>here.